Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Ann Liebau - Midwife


Ann Liebau is a midwife. Basically, she has talked about how it is to be a midwife, and the pros and cons. She has talked about the training and how long it will be in college/university. Its about 4 years..
That's a while in school. She told the class, the moms she will help, they have to be healthy and low risk of problems. They cannot help anyone with Diabetes, Heart problems, etc, they aren't trained for that business. They will be on one week calls 24/7, one awake for 24 hours, they get relieved by another midwife. The facts are: Once the babies are born, its most likely to be in a hospital. Also, Its more healthier to have a baby at home. Very little risk on disease. Would I consider this job? I would actually, I think it would be very cool to be a midwife. Just seeing the process and helping someone is neat. I wouldn't be able to do the birth. To me it'd be disgusting and bleh.. I would second think the job again.

No comments:

Post a Comment